Built 1830, Youghal Road.
Taken from www.buildingsofireland.ie
Know locally as the Almshouses, the cottages are of particular significance having been sponsored by John Boyce of Tallow, as accommodation for 'aged couples'. Terraced three-bay single-storey almshouses, dated 1830, retaining original windows.
Pitched (shared) slate roofs with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on overhanging rendered eaves. Limewashed lime rendered walls over random rubble stone construction. Square-headed window openings with stone sills, and timber casement windows in four-light arrangement having pointed-arch panels with leaded glazing. Square-headed door opening with timber boarded door. Set back from road in shared grounds.